Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tomorrow he's 5

Its hard to believe that little boy is getting so big, and yet.... Tomorrow is the official day, he's 5. No question either.

What are we doing tonight?
Well, he decided to practice being nocturnal. Yup, threw a hissy fit at bed. Soooo, the solution: thanks to the Creative Correction book Cam is decidedly UP.

He is STANDING in the hall. That's it. He said he wanted to be up, so up he is.

I feel really mean, but at the same time I was so glad to have read that book and have an idea of what to do without killing him. I'm calm, he's calm...no spanking (which really, he's 5 and right before bed...just gonna be awful).

So, now the waiting game. So far he's gone 15 mins...standing there. My bet is on about 30 mins, then he'll want to at least play in bed, with all those stuffed animals? Who wouldn't?

And so, there you have it, he broke (20 mins):

"Mom, I need a place to sit"
"Oh, no - its either you're up - standing there, or you're in bed. You are more than welcome to sit in your bed."
"But its dark"
"You have a nightlight"
"okay. Can you tuck me in"
"Sure can!" - little bit of love and a prayer time...he's off to sleepy land.

And we're off...welcome 5. Lord give me strength and wisdom for the year to come, I know its still easier than the teens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Cammy
be God
love Hali

Anonymous said...

happy birthday cam be good
Love hali

Anonymous said...

sorry i spelled good wrong the first time love hali