Friday, September 12, 2008

BOOK REVIEW ALERT...Saturdays With Stella

SATURDAYS WITH STELLA
BY: Allison Pittman

Okay, if you are a dog LOVER, this one is yours.

Its a cute book that connects dog ownership and lessons learned to our relationship with God. The caption on the cover says, "how I learned to sit, stay and come when God calls" and that pretty well sums up the book.

Its written in a very entertaining way, but really relates well to a pet owner (which I'm not)...so its not going to get the, "I was enraptured" review from me. However, I did glean a lot from it. It breaks down some things in our relationship to God into the simplest: offer a gift from your heart. It doesn't matter WHAT you're bringing God as long as its from your heart.

There are many other little tid bits ...I'd highly recommend this to a pet owner for a devotion book. Its easy to pick up and put down and you still get something out of it each time!

Comment to have me give it to you...

4 comments:

agmwilliams said...

you know me and dogs...i guess i'll just sit this one out.

Unknown said...

Ok I don't usually comment I just peruse to see how you all are doing in KY. We really miss you at NECC. But I'm going to ask for this book not for myself but for my best friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is waiting to find out if it has already spread through since the tumor is to large to remove. She is a dog person (her 2 dogs bring her kids count up to 6) and I'm sure she could really benefit from this.
Melissa J

JonesFam4 said...

Hey Melissa, Email me at ukcat4@hotmail.com and send your address...I'll send it out!

Another GREAT read for her is: Reconstructing Natalie by Laura Jensen Walker
Its about a breast cancer survivor and VERY light and fun with a Godly perspective!

We miss everyone too...

lindsayc said...

Glad someone got the book that loves dogs!! I love dogs but I am still not over the "lets get some coffee" date I had with Buddy (sigh) OK you need to post again, I need more pictures !!!!