Thursday, August 30, 2007

Friends, here and coming

Okay, today Cam had a buddy over - Addison. And may I just say that I parented the CRAP out of this day! We pulled out all the stops and made playdough and did this new craft thing in his Focus on the Family magazine, we made a wand and AND I snookered them into dusting the entire lower level of the house. They even dusted the stairs. It was BEAUTIFUL. I got to play the part of the evil stepmom (and, seriously academy potential there) and Cam and Addi worked and laughed and goofed. Perfect.

I didn't realize how much I liked being there to see Cam interact with other kids. I was just used to always being in Kari's house, yard, general vicinity (poor woman! how she got anything done with us around I"ll never know). We'd stop by Aleah's, J's or Sean's. I don't know, I always thought it was lovely to chat with the moms, but I really enjoy watching and kinda being in on some of the playtime. I don't know...it was just a lot of fun today.

Em was SUPER tired. She had to get up early, I had an appt. so she went with Daddy for an hour. Cam had a great school day too. He's really liking it and SOAKING it up. He showed us a game he played called "Moo" (I don't really think that's the game, but it was so funny at the dinner table tonight--BTW thanks to Amanda for a yummy dinner!!!). He sorted m&m's be color and counted them. He also was reading with me and spotted the word/name God. Wow.

Just a good day. I love those. AND to top it off, the HARPS are on the way! We absolutely cannot wait. Its gonna be fun, chaos, late nights, little sleep, no routine and friends...okay, family. God is so good. And heaven is gonna rock. I know we'll be busy with our amazement of Him, but the fact that we get to be there and be amazed with our good friends is really cool.

So, there's my profound thoughts...it was a good day. G'night.

No comments: