Friday, April 18, 2008

Boys.





Tonight at the ball field we watched a buddy play baseball, but really we were there to hang out with friends and play at the playground. And apparently we were there for Em to chat with boys.

You read right, boys. She knows. OH does she know. She stands different, tilts her head, saunters! This was the scene...a teeball/baseball team waiting to play, just standing around. Emmy walks right up to the group of 8/9 year olds and tells them the following:

Em: I, I, I tew da boys I have a pink cat. Her name Alice. Her go school and my, my, my pink cat run 'way. So I yell for her, I yell ALICE and she, she, she come back.

First, we have no pink cat. The name...no idea. School, okay we went to Cam's school to register him today. All the rest, running away, coming back...no idea.

Second, she had this harem of boys spellbound. She kept running away, looking over her shoulder to see if they'd chase. Coming back and chatting more. Seriously, she totally intruded on their group thing and just took over. Flirt.

Mostly, I'm grateful that the boys she preens infront of are still young and sweet to her. They laugh and chat with her, meanwhile I'm wondering if this is a sign of things to come. Last night she picked her object of affection: David. Last week: Jesse (we're STILL talking about Jesse- "I wike Jesse" quote from last night. They're always older, hoping its a big brother thing. She does it at home to a degree ... dresses up and wants "Bu" to see her (brother) and he does and makes the proper response - Emmy you're beautiful- (bless his heart, he's such a good brother).

Anyhow, tonight was priceless and caught on film.

No comments: