Saturday, December 08, 2007

Old News, but still...BIG GIRL BED




Okay, I realized that I hadn't posted this and it needs to be broadcast. Emmy is in a big girl bed and it happened really quickly. There was no decision to be made, it was a must.

She had not climbed out of the crib ever, then one day, out of the blue, she popped into our bedroom in the morning to say, "I waked up!" Cute and really not too concerning.

However, the next day at nap time...it became a concern.

Emmy pooped. In her diaper. She decided to remove the offensive smell herself. She did. BUT in the process she spread some of the goodness all over the crib sheet, bumper pad AND the crib itself. So, she then decided to come tell me about the mess.

She climbed out. BUT, her little bladder still had business to perform. Pee, everywhere. All down the crib, onto the floor, I mean everywhere.

"Momma," Emmy yells from the top of the stairs, "I pooped"

I was on the phone at the time, luckily it was Denise and she understood, "I must go, she's pooped all in the crib"

Cam came to witness the mess and we both just cracked up laughing!! We stuck Em in the tub and proceeded to clean up and take the crib down. I was done and trust me the crib, it has seen its last days. It was partially held together with gorilla glue after the move, so it was time. It has served 5 kids well over a span of 14 years.

ANYWAY, Cam helped take the crib apart and wipe down the whole thing, after I'd removed the most offensive stuff. Emmy got cleaned up in the tub and my OLD iron bed came out of storage.

Here's the pics of Emmy in the big girl bed! And by the way, we now wake up many mornings to a little face beside the bed saying, "Momma, Daddy you here! I waked up!!!" And I'm sorry, but you just can't beat that!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Big step. Very cool.