Friday, March 14, 2008

First Zoo Trip of the year







We were supposed to play with friends after school, but both kids were very crabby. I was on the way to take them home to nap and thought...its beautiful out, how about the zoo? (I had thought it earlier, but when I saw how crabby cam was, I wasn't sure)

Anyhow, we had a wonderful time, just me and the kids. Cam was super interested in all the animals, LOVED the tigers and even got to touch tiger fur that one of the zoo workers had out to feel. He loved the snakes, ugg and the white crocodile. He was pretty pumped about the jaguar too (I was just amazed about how much he knew about animals from Diego...wow).

Em's favorites were the Giraffes that got a drink of water while we were standing there, really cool to see the tounge. And she loved the camel, "He's happy, look he's smiling" and the camel DID look like it was smiling.

We had fun guessing what the animals were thinking as we looked at them, Cam was sure the lions just wanted us to go away so they could nap in peace. Oh, and the baby Elephant...on year old this month...SO cute!

All in all, fantastic 70 degree (yup, 70) day with sun on our faces! AND a ride on the carousel!

6 comments:

Nora said...

So cute... Love the pic of Emmy on the carousel! We'll all have to go one day soon!

agmwilliams said...

Glad you all had a great time without us! :) Next time...

Hey - Does the carousel ride come free with our membership or is that extra?

JonesFam4 said...

Its not free...but I have a buy one get one coupon and we bought a pack of tickets. 1.50 per ride, adult "free". Stinks. Should be free to pass holder IMHO.

Nora said...

Unrelated to zoo, but I bought a pack of 450 water balloons (with a spout to go on the hose for easy filling) yesterday at walmart....when the weather warms up I will open my back yard up to a water balloon war.

agmwilliams said...

So Nora...you're back at Wal-mart...see these sorts of boycotts never last! :)

JonesFam4 said...

You can try to boycott, but you always end up there. However, I'm attempting the ONLY go to Kroger and see if it even out in the $$ area, rather than Aldi, Walmart, Kroger....