Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snake.

There was a baby snake sunning itself in our backyard yesterday.

I got a stick and poked it, Em thought it was "cute" and Cam, though interested, was quite timid.

I was HATING IT, but knew they should see it while it was small and alive (if I see it when its a grown up the thing is DEAD, shovel, hoe whatever it takes)

Then I got the thing on my stick and flung it as far into the woods as possible. (this was the part Cam thought was the absolute coolest thing I've ever done)

New rule, do NOT go into the woods without mom or, preferably dad, and make sure you've got some good shoes on and a BIG stick.

Yuck. Snakes. Seriously.

4 comments:

Nora said...

Make sure you show them the Timber Rattlesnake and the Copperhead next time you go to the zoo. We look at them carefully everytime so we will know to run if we see them in nature somewhere. There are tons of Copperheads in this area...

agmwilliams said...

I just want to say thanks to this post and my crazy pregnancy hormones I dreamed about snakes all night last night...they were everywhere...big ones, little ones, needless to say it was not at all a good night's sleep. No more snake stories!

JonesFam4 said...

Would you rather, ants?
Oh wait, that's yours for now...they will arrive here shortly....
As always, glad to be of help to ya!

Nora said...

don't speak of ants... last year we came home to find a trail of THOUSANDS leading from our kitchen window, along the backsplash behind the sink, up the wall to the fridge and then into the cereal boxes.... It was amazing...