Monday, June 30, 2008

Packing...

Just a few words.

Packing with kids:
Snacks, books, extra undies, blankets and animals, swim stuff, snacks, drinks, toothbrushes, shampoo, diapers, wipes, music, toys, stroller, pack n play?, tylenol just in case, clothes, sun screen, snacks (did I mention these?)

Packing for me: clothes, deodorant, toothbrush, book, eye liner, OH and ear plugs, cause the kids are in the same room.

Why in the world do I feel the need to pack their room up and take it with us?
This is why I hate hotels. At least at someone else's house there are toys and food, or at least the fridge to put stuff in. The hotel thing, as fun as it sounds, is hard.

Before kids we'd throw in a backpack. And babydom...wow, traveling with a baby is just like packing to move! Goodnight, a baby requires its own transportation, the special stroller the size of the dining room table and enough diapers to cover Rhode Island at least.

At least I feel like we're on the downward slope of packing. Emmy doesn't require as much now. And honestly Cam would wear the same thing 6 days in a row. Its just the food and entertainment factor. And with gas being 27.99 per gallon...we ain't stoppin' for food! And entertainment...LOOK OUT THE WINDOW you say, but there is something to a quiet back seat that allows the adult passengers to speak to one another for the first time in, say 16 days. Conversation is worth more than gas these days. So, I like the kids quiet back there. (horrible momma). So, entertainment is of upmost importance.

So there is it...my rant on packing. Now I just need to make that list and do it. Sigh...

4 comments:

Nora said...

When are you guys leaving? We are here today and tomorrow so don't hesitate to call and bring the kids over if you and Stu need to get some things done. We are in ultimate laze mode around here so it wouldn't be any trouble. Just let me know...

agmwilliams said...

Let me know if you want the car DVD player again for the road...I didn't think to mention it last night. I guess it would be the least we could do since James is cruisin' in the 626 all week! Oh, and I'll put Barbie Island Princess in for Emmy...I know how much you love it! :)

lindsayc said...

"Here on my island the sea says hello...Dolphins are waving wherever I go..." :)Have a fun trip....let me know when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm
nope, not thinking about having kids anymore. =)

(just kidding)
-Chad